Sunday, October 3, 2010

Poker and Me


Texas Hold 'Em is one of the most popular forms of poker. It has always been one of my favorite games I have ever played. I can hardly remember a day when i have logged on my facebook account and not played Texas.
Basically, I didn’t discover poker until I created an account with Facebook. Then once I started playing poker, I realized how much I loved the game.
I have been following this game for almost 4 years now and definitely its one of the most exciting game you would ever come across.
The excitment of winning, the uncomparable feeling when you win a hand by bluffing someone. Anything your opponent could do, you have to have that accounted for and have a plan in advance. Oh it’s great fun.
Poker has taught me patience, reading minds, predicting actions and calculating odds
Whenever I play I just keep the math in the background. I'm more an instinct player. Probably the biggest lesson that I've learned in the past years is trusting my instincts. There are a lot of players who know the odds a way far better than I do, but my instincts have been honed from many hours.
Winning is not all, I remember a lot of nights saying, 'Holy shit, you just blew your entire chips.' To be honest with you all, I discovered I wasn't as good as I thought I was.
To all the new poker players I would just advise there isn't any place in the world to learn the game in today's changing environment like you can online.

No comments:

Post a Comment