Thursday, September 30, 2010

Choice is always yours!!!

I would like to share one of my incident with all of you. I got a call for an interview from Shanghai , China. I was offered very handsome amount of salary for that job & it was because of my dad I went there. I got that job after a long discussion with HR head. They were unable to decide in which field I should be placed. Finally they put me in finance department because I have done my MBA in finance & on top of that I was not able to take decision weather I should join or not. But finally I made up my mind and joined that company.
Now I want to tell you about my work. I maintain all reports related to their products and quote the rate of tenders. That was quite boring for me.:( that’s why I didn’t like that work. That day I talked to my father regarding my work & he knew that I am very adamant and furious about my likings.
It was not a bad offer for a fresher but at my home everyone was against me working for that company, except my MOM. She told me only one sentence “Baby! choice is yours”
After hearing this I got motivated, packed my luggage and took a ticket to my home town. Now I was at home. I was not able to speak to my parents. I thought that I was wrong in their point of view. My father asked me what was my choice? I told him that I want go back to Hong Kong where I completes my studies & I want work there. At the end he told me that you will be responsible for everything if something bad happens to you. It’s your wish either you make it or break it. He’s words dint hampper me because I have already made my choice. Then I took my baggage which was still packed. That day only I decided thatI would not do anything else apart from my interest.
I reached Hong Kong. My college friends were shocked when they heard that I left my previopus job because I was not interested in it . It was a dream job for some of them. They called me fool that time but dint change my decision. They all were actually giving me lectures “you should not leave that job” but I was clear with my choice, No one can change my decision. At the end of the day I will survive at any cost. After few days I got two job offers in first I was working as area executive and second one was cost accountant. I was running out of money so I took that job as a cost accountant. I did that job for 3 days & I came to know that it is not a field where I want to really work & I left that job without thinking about my next step. Then I got a call for an interview from XYZ company. This interview I will never forget. I will write about that afterwards.
One thing I learnt in this short period that let any circumstances come remember one thing “stand for yourself”. No one can play a better role than you in your life. It is your choice!!!Either you can make it or break it. End of the day choice is yours……

No comments:

Post a Comment